Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen



Artist: Cursive
Album: Mama, I'm Swollen
Genre: Indie/Rock/Punk
Country of origin: United States
Year: 2009

Tracklisting:
1. In The Now
2. From The Hips
3. I Couldn't Love You
4. Donkeys
5. Caveman
6. We're Going To Hell
7. Mama, I'm Satan
8. Let Me Up
9. Mama, I'm Swollen
10. What Have I Done?


Wracked with doubt, contradiction and existential despair, Mama, I’m Swollen strikes out as a weighty, superbly realized endeavor which, for all its oppressive nature, is as eminently listenable and brave an album as any the band have produced. - drownedinsound.com

I had to listen to this record 6 times before I could decide how I felt about it.
Final thought: FUCKING BRILLIANT.
The lyrics aren't as awe-inspiring/descriptive as previous endeavors, but Tim Kasher's delivery of them makes up for that when he veers between anguished whispers and yowls.
While the use of brass, strings, & flute are somewhat sparse, drummer Cornbread Compton's beats really make this record fantastic.

Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment